The 2006 LEGO Mountaineers
U.S. FIRST Jr. Robotics team #3344
Pine Mountain Club, California
- Using wind turbines for alternativ
- HELP! Can you help me with RoboLab
- In Leaps and Bounds
- Wind as an alternative energy sour
- Moving Forward in our Research
- This year’s FIRST research p
- Mayan Adventures with the NXT
- Back for One More Round
- The Challenge is Released!
- The 2007 FIRST Challenge is Releas
- Triumph and Success
- We won the Director’s award!
- Competition Time
- We finally figured out a way to do
- The Clock is Ticking!
- We’re Making Progress!
- Frustration and Triumph
- Long Jump Mission ideas
- Great Job Flying Geeks!!!
- Clovis - The State Competition
PHOTO IMAGEIn this picture, we are talking with the judge. He is confirming our scores. After checking, he made sure that we agreed with the scores and took an autograph of one person on the team. In the first round, our score was: 253! How exciting is that? Our judge was very nice and we got him...
At the first competition, our team had a video for the research presentation. It turned out, our video was 3 minuets long! We didn't have enough time to finish our presentation. PHOTO IMAGE At the next competition we got rid of the video and found we had a minute to spare. In this picture I am an...
Saturday, The LEGO Mountaineers went to a LEGO competition. The theme was nanotechnology Our presentation was very different from past years. PHOTO IMAGE...
We had a team meeting tonight. It Has Been Decided 1. We Chose our skit. 2. We Chose Our Kind of robot (RCX or NXT). Now we decide which missions We do. So-far we chose: The Stuck Nanotip The Dump Truck The Bone Mission The Unstainable fabric Pizza Molecules And, The Individual atom Ma...
PHOTO IMAGEWe ( the LEGO Mountaineers) just officially started programming our NXT robot. Our first mission is the "Nano Tube strength." What is our goal? Our goal is to push a small yellow dump truck on to a platform. Then we push a little lever on the platform to raise the truck. What does it...
PHOTO IMAGEHi I'm Emily. I am here to write my third blog post. We just received the kit of pieces for our playing field. There are nine props. I want to tell you about a few. We have to lift a cancer cell out of a bone, we need to press a lever, swing a wheel and lower an item on the molecular...
PHOTO IMAGEHi I'm Emily Mack. I am here to tell you about what happened today. Today was nonstop trouble for my robot and me. My robot started to skid during the mission. While doing that the robot fell apart. We had to take off some pieces. (Then I found out from Amy that the mission I was doing...
Hello, my name is Emily Mack, and I am the newest edition to the LEGO Mountaineers. PHOTO IMAGE I have been looking forward to joining for about three years. So far, I have had a lot of fun. We completed two missions that my our coach (my dad) has assigned us. Let me tell you about them. In the fi...
- HELP! Can you help me with RoboLab
- We won the robot design award!!!
- Patience and hard work made all th
- A mother’s perspective on te
- You’ve helped us more than y
- The competition is getting close!
- One Little, Two Little, Three Litt
- We’re on a roll!
- How to Write Great Programs
- I just built and programmed my fir
- The Competition Playing Field Has
- Frequent failure, the key to succe
- 2006 U.S. First Robotics season be
- We won the Director’s award,
- Lessons we learned at the event
- October 2007 (7)
- September 2007 (3)
- May 2007 (1)
- April 2007 (6)
- March 2007 (2)
- December 2006 (6)
- November 2006 (20)
- October 2006 (39)
- September 2006 (6)
- August 2006 (12)
- March 2005 (2)
- November 2004 (34)
- October 2004 (11)
- September 2004 (20)
- August 2004 (8)
- December 2003 (1)
- September 2003 (3)
- August 2003 (2)
- July 2003 (1)
- June 2003 (1)
- December 2002 (4)
- November 2002 (15)
- October 2002 (8)
- September 2002 (3)
- August 2002 (2)
- July 2002 (2)